Go, Plan, Succeed (GPS) System
- Student Success GPS is a suite of advising tools combining advising services, real-time data, analytics, and reporting to help advisors identify students in need of support and provide early interventions. GPS contains an advising and tutoring platform, a student interface, and an analytics and institution reporting platform. It works with SIS/MyPACK. This allows campus partners to access advising information to help with students that may need additional help through the Counseling Center, University Tutorial Center, etc.
Inter-College Transfer Program
- For students who plan to transfer in/out of CNR, please refer them to the Inter-College Transfer program, which will assign them to advisors who will help them through the transition. https://advising.dasa.ncsu.edu/inter-college-transfer-ict-students/
Professional Development Opportunities
- Please check out the Lunch-and-Learns that are hosted by Academic Affairs and other campus partners! If you have a topic to suggest, please let the Associate Dean know.
- Advisor Development Institute (workshops and certificates)
- Undergraduate Academic Advising Awards
- NC State CARES: Service not only for urgent matters (violence, harassment, etc.) but also for other concerns, such as students who are disruptive or are having erratic behavior; if you are not sure if your situation is appropriate for this service, they prefer for you to submit rather than not! The website has an excellent Faculty Resource section too. https://ncstatecares.dasa.ncsu.edu/
- Student Ombuds: “…is here to assist students of the NC State community to resolve problems related to their university working, learning or living experience.” https://ombuds.dasa.ncsu.edu/
- NC State Counseling Center: Hosts workshops and drop-in groups, and also individual counseling sessions. https://counseling.dasa.ncsu.edu/
- NC State Self-Help resources via Counseling Center: https://counseling.dasa.ncsu.edu/resources/self-help-resources/
- Advisor’s Toolkit: https://advising.dasa.ncsu.edu/resources-for-advisors/advisors-toolkit/
- Other DASA Resources: Includes listserve instructions, academic absence verification, academic semester withdrawal, and other resources for advisors.
- Summer Session information
CNR Contacts for Questions
Director of Academic and Student Support Services Yvonne Lee
Yvonne is here to help answer questions you may have about college/university policies and procedures. If she doesn’t know she will figure out who to contact to find out. She is always happy to assist all faculty and staff with questions.
Coordinator of Academic Affairs and Student Support Sherry Rumph
Sherry works closely with program coordinators to process adviser assignments and degree audit revisions. She is always happy to assist all faculty and staff with questions.
Coordinators of Undergraduate Advising
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs Melissa Pasquinelli
The ADAA serves on the committee for Associate Deans of Academic Affairs, which covers topics that include academic advising.