The purpose of the Pre-award office is to help faculty obtain sponsored funds that will support high-quality research and the dissemination of promising results and practices to our many constituencies.
- Identify funding opportunities
- Review of RFPs
- Management of Proposal Schedule and Deadlines.
- Assist with budget development (provide salary benefits, health insurance, tuition, consulting standards, travel costs, etc.)
- Assist with the budget justification
- Provide guidance on compliance with state and federal financial regulations
- Prepare sponsor and university proposal forms
- Collect and format CVs
- Coordinate with partner organizations
- Format proposal as needed
- Obtain letters of support/commitment for NC State and partner organizations
- Submit proposals via the appropriate electronic mechanism
Information & Guides
- Starting a Proposal
- Proposal Timeline
- PI Eligibility and Waiver Request Process
- Pre-Award Project (Ledger 5) Request Process
Forms & Guides
To contact a member of the Pre-award team, please view our staff page here.