The goal of the College Research Office is to help faculty obtain sponsored funds that will support high-quality research and the dissemination of promising results and practices to our many constituencies.
- Identify funding opportunities
- Review of RFPs
- Management of Proposal Schedule and Deadlines.
- Assist with budget development (provide salary benefits, health insurance, tuition, consulting standards, travel costs, etc.)
- Assist with the budget justification
- Provide guidance on compliance with state and federal financial regulations
- Prepare sponsor and university proposal forms
- Collect and format CVs
- Coordinate with partner organizations
- Format proposal as needed
- Obtain letters of support/commitment for NC State and partner organizations
- Submit proposals via the appropriate electronic mechanism
Before the Submission
In order to ensure timely and compliant submissions, the College of Natural Resources Office of Research Administration requires you meet the following deadlines (proposal correspondence should include email@example.com):
- 9 business days prior to due date: Notify the college your intent to submit a proposal and include the RFP, draft budget and budget justification, start and end date,and abstract.
- 5 business days prior to the due date: Submission of draft proposal, final budget, and final budget justification.
- 4 business days prior to the due date: Provide approval of cost-share and all cost-share memos.
- 3 business days prior to the due date: All final and full proposal documents ready for submission.
- MISSING DEADLINES: If you miss any of the listed deadlines, you will need approval from your Department Head and the Associate Dean for Research to move forward with your proposal.
Primary Responsibilities: He/She manages the Pre-award team and proposal workflow, including overseeing all aspects of proposal development, like principal investigator and project team planning meetings, budget development, Request for Proposal (RFP) interpretation, and submission methods. He/She also collaborates with other research offices across campus around Pre-awards and ensures that all proposals are processed in compliance with Federal, State, Sponsor and University policies and regulations.
Primary Responsibilities: Meg works collaboratively with principal investigators to develop budgets and prepare grant applications. As a Pre-award team member, she serves as a resource in all matters related to Federal, State, Sponsor and University policies and regulations for proposal development and submission.
Joseph Roth (out until February)
Primary Responsibilities: Joe works collaboratively with principal investigators to develop budgets and prepare grant applications. As a Pre-award team member, he serves as a resource in all matters related to Federal, State, Sponsor and University policies and regulations for proposal development and submission.