PRTM Incoming Freshman and Off-Campus Transfer Scholarships
We offer Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management Undergraduate for prospective freshman and off-campus transfer students. Annually, 10 to 15 academic scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $3,000 are awarded to incoming freshman or off-campus transfer students. These scholarships are typically awarded to students who have met the following eligibility requirements:
For Incoming Freshman:
- High School GPA minimum of 3.8 unweighted
- SAT (combined math and verbal) minimum score of 1200
- ACT minimum score of 25
For Off-Campus Transfers:
- College GPA minimum of 3.3
Prospective students can apply for departmental and college-wide scholarships here.
The Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism Management (PRTM) offers merit-based student scholarships which recognize academic achievement, leadership, and involvement in extra-curricular activities. The availability of scholarships is funded through donations from alumni and friends and from the timber sale receipts on Forestry Foundation properties. The scholarships are independent of both the university scholarship program and the various federal, state and private programs.
To be considered to receive a PRTM scholarship, interested applicants must be enrolled as full-time undergraduate students, in the PRTM department at NCSU, in one of the following majors:
- PRTM (N) – Parks and Natural Resources Concentration
- PRTM (P) – Program Management Concentration
- PRTM (T) – Tourism and Commercial Recreation Concentration
- PGM – PGA Golf Management
- SMT – Sport Management
Priority deadlines for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Incoming Freshmen – February 15, 2018
- Current NC State Students – February 15, 2018
- Transfer Students – apply as soon as admitted
Please keep in mind applications received by these deadlines will receive priority consideration.
Current students interested in applying for any of the scholarships listed below should complete the online application during the open application period beginning December 1st.
Endowed or Awarded
- The J. Harold & Hazel Moses Endowed Scholarship
- Phillip S. Rea Endowment for Parks and Recreation
- R.B. and Irene Jordan Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. M. Roger Warren Endowment in Park Management Scholarship
- Winslow, Frauson, Rea Endowed Scholarship
- The Phillip E. Fleming Endowed Scholarship
- Legends in Giving Scholarship
- Site Solutions Scholarship
- Jack “Swede” Frauson Sport Management Scholarship
- Donna Martin Bhatnagar Scholarship
- Edwin and Letitia Lindsay Sport Management Scholarship
- The Wayne Williamson and Bette Rose Scholarship in Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management
- The Lena Anne Gordon Endowed Scholarship
- The Saleeby Family Scholarship Endowment
- Steve and Laura White Endowed Scholarship
- Thomas R. Wells Scholarship
- David and Karen Carter Scholarship Endowment
For information about Department scholarships, email Janell Moretz or call (919) 513-1596.
For information about college-wide scholarships, visit: https://cnr.ncsu.edu/future/scholarships_financial_aid/
For information about university scholarships visit the Office of Scholarship and Financial Aid.