We offer scholarships for current students and incoming freshmen. Transfer students are eligible for scholarships after one semester in the department.
Incoming freshmen can apply for departmental and college-wide scholarships here.
The Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism Management (PRTM) offers merit-based student scholarships which recognize academic achievement, leadership, and involvement in extra-curricular activities. The availability of scholarships is funded through donations from alumni and friends and from the timber sale receipts on Forestry Foundation properties. The scholarships are independent of both the university scholarship program and the various federal, state and private programs.
To be considered to receive a PRTM scholarship, interested applicants must be enrolled as full-time undergraduate students, in the PRTM department at NCSU, in one of the following majors:
- PRTM (N) – Parks and Natural Resources Concentration
- PRTM (P) – Program Management Concentration
- PRTM (T) – Tourism and Commercial Recreation Concentration
- PGM – PGA Golf Management
- SMT – Sport Management
Current students interested in applying for any of the scholarships listed below should complete the online application during the open application period beginning October 15 and ending March 1.
Endowed or Awarded
- The J. Harold & Hazel Moses Endowed Scholarship
- Phillip S. Rea Endowment for Parks and Recreation
- R.B. and Irene Jordan Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. M. Roger Warren Endowment in Park Management Scholarship
- Winslow, Frauson, Rea Endowed Scholarship
- The Phillip E. Fleming Endowed Scholarship
- Legends in Giving Scholarship
- Site Solutions Scholarship
- Jack “Swede” Frauson Sport Management Scholarship
- Donna Martin Bhatnagar Scholarship
- Edwin and Letitia Lindsay Sport Management Scholarship
- The Wayne Williamson and Bette Rose Scholarship in Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management
- The Lena Anne Gordon Endowed Scholarship
- Steve and Laura White Endowed Scholarship
- Thomas R. Wells Scholarship
- David and Karen Carter Scholarship Endowment
For information about Department scholarships, email Janell Moretz or call (919) 513-1596.
For information about college-wide scholarships, visit: https://cnr.ncsu.edu/future/scholarships_financial_aid/
For information about university scholarships visit the Office of Scholarship and Financial Aid.