The NC State Pulp and Paper Foundation partners with alumni, corporations, friends and foundations to generate support for the continued success of the NC State University Paper Science and Engineering Program in the Department of Forest Biomaterials.
Membership gifts to the foundation support scholarships, professorships, academic programs, research, facility and lab improvements and various student programs not typically supported through state appropriations.
By joining the NC State Pulp and Paper Foundation you make an investment in the future of the Pulp and Paper Industry.
- Member affiliation with the largest traditional Paper Science program in the country
- Recognition and visibility for your company on the NC State Pulp and Paper Foundation website and all printed publications and in front of students
- Company representation on the PPF Board of Directors; voting rights
- Invitations to our annual PPF meeting
- Favored access to the NC State pilot plant and research facilities widely used by industry clients for process and product development
- Graduating student profiles are made available for members to view, these students have the most experience of any program’s graduating class
- Access to education programs: Customized mill education training programs; Hands on Workshop for Pulp and Paper Basics
- First access for on-campus interviewing within department (summer internships, co-ops and permanent positions)
- Access to knowledge and expertise of the largest and most diverse research faculty in the field
Your Membership Funds Provide:
- Scholarships for high achieving undergraduate students
- Support of high school and mill town recruiting program to enhance enrollment
- State of the art labs providing the best hands on learning available
- The continuation of the only traditional paper science program serving the southeast United States, graduating class in the country in Paper Science
- Funds provide international exposure to students entering a global marketplace
2017 Foundation Events
We are pleased to announced the dates for the 2017 fall foundation events.
Golf Tournament and Student TAPPI Fundraiser
Friday, September 8, 2017
Registration will be open mid-July, 2017