Check out our students’ research topics
Our doctoral degrees are available in a number of concentrations, including:
- Tree improvement and biotechnology
- Forest management and operations
- Forest economics, business and taxation
- Forest nutrition
- International forestry
- Landscape ecology
- Natural resource and environmental policy
- Restoration ecology
- Spatial information systems
- Browse past program dissertations from the NC State Library.
Students must also declare a minor as part of the Ph.D.-Forestry program. A minor consists of at least 12 graduate credits approved by the student’s advisory committee and faculty member. Courses must be taken during the degree program and all must be within an established NC State curriculum or among appropriate departments to satisfy a logical interdisciplinary minor.