Laura uses geospatial analytics to innovate visualization techniques for geospatial-temporal data through advances in computer science. She develops geospatial algorithms and programming and uses controlled studies and eye tracking technology to investigate new ways to represent and interact with geospatial data. Her interests include aesthetic climatology geovisualization, coastal terrain time-series visualization, gaze-based map interaction, geo-mining narrative archives, storytelling with maps, and open-source natural resources web mapping.
- GazeGIS: A gaze-based reading and dynamic geographic information system (2017)
- Visualizations of coastal terrain time series (2014)
- Summary visualizations for coastal spatial-temporal dynamics (2013)
- Who's watching your food? A flexible framework for public health monitoring (2012)
- TanGeoMS: Tangible geospatial modeling system (2010)
- Designing a visualization framework for multidimensional data (2005)