We prepare students to graduate with not only the skills they need, but the experience to enter the workforce career ready.
Cultivating a Class of Future Industry Leaders
The Department of Forest Biomaterials prepares students for successful careers in sustainable materials, engineering, pulp, paper, manufacturing and related industries. Every aspect of our programs is designed to provide students with the theoretical, practical, personal and professional skills they need to graduate career-ready and to make an immediate contribution to their field. Our students gain hands-on experience by participating in industry internships and often secure permanent, full-time positions prior to graduation.
How do we do this?
- We offer classes that are developed with industry input
- We offer in-department interviews with industry recruiters
- We emphasize the importance of internships, co-op programs and hands-on research in equipping students with at least one required job experience
- Our advising services ensure our students pursue the right area of interest and take the necessary courses to maximize their career potential
- We encourage our students to grow, develop, remain flexible and keep their options open as they discover their niche
- Our students take advantage of many professional networking resources with Forest Biomaterials alumni, industry executives, faculty and fellow students.
All of this preparation leads to graduates who are highly trained, highly focused and highly valued by employers year after year.
When it comes time for placement in a permanent position, our students enjoy long-standing relationships with major employers in all sectors of our allied industries. We connect employers with students, facilitate interviews and meetings, and are proud of both our placement record and the success of our alumni.