From academic advising to locating study spaces and everything in between, we want our students to flourish while they are here. The College of Natural Resources helps connect students in the Department of Forest Biomaterials with all the tools they need to succeed. Browse the College-level student resources page for information on tutoring, printing, the library and computer lab, as well as academic resources and policies, such as degree planning, enrollment and registration.
Current Student Forms and Information
The following forms and information are important for current students:
Policies and Forms
- Departmental Graduate School Forms
- NC State Human Resources Payroll
- Office Assignment Policy: The Director of Graduate Programs assigns desk space in consultation with faculty. Please do not occupy a desk without permission.
- Teaching Assistant Policy: Graduate students with assistantships are expected to help teach at least one semester as a service to the department.
- Labs and Safety – a unity ID is required to login.
Graduate Student Association
All students who are enrolled in a graduate student program within the Department of Forest Biomaterials are members of the Forest Biomaterials Graduate Student Association. The GSA is led by an Executive Council comprised of four officers who are elected annually in May.
Forest Biomaterials GSA’s mission is to represent graduate students of Forest Biomaterials by voicing their concerns to the faculty, college, and university and to foster professional development and fellowship among graduate students.
Current graduate students looking to learn more about Forest Biomaterials GSA can do so on the FB GSA website (log in required).
Registration and Advising
- Registration and Records Dates of Importance (Academic Calendar)
- Students not assigned to a research advisor will be advised by the Director of Graduate Programs, Dr. Joel Pawlak. Research advisors will advise their students.
- Graduate Student Support Plan
- Graduate Student Handbook
- New Graduate Student Survival Guide
- Parking and Transportation
- NC State travel guides and forms
- BEFORE travel complete a travel authorization by going to MYPACK Portal > For Faculty & Staff > Financial Systems > Travel Authorizations
- Equipment Room and Vehicle Pool Information